Gum disease and periodontal are mostly chronic processes,
usually occur without pain or other complaints demonstration. The main cause of gum disease are microorganisms in dental plaque that constantly forms on the surfaces of the teeth above and below the gum. These microorganisms damage the gum and underlying bone. The more plaque has teeth and it is not removed from the patient and DENTIS, the more severe the inflammation and it leads to destruction of dental supporting tissues (periodontium). Living in dental plaque microorganisms are resistant to many antibiotics and only a mechanical removal ensure their removal. Failure to remove dental plaque long time becomes a calculus, which should be removed from DENTIS. Main characteristic of gingivitis is bleeding, especially that
established by your dentine gently probing the gum with a special tool (periodontal probe). The presence of such bleeding means that your gums require professional treatment. To determine the exact scope of the effect of the gums and supporting bone, and the effectiveness of your ongoing oral hygiene DENTIS makes a series of tests.
Treatment of periodontal diseases is carried out in three main phases involving the patient.
1. The first phase aims to:
- Remove the causes of the disease (plaque, tartar, hopeless teeth, poorly made fillings, crown or other dental restorations), sometimes with surgical intervention.
- You be shown and be trained in the use of all necessary means to mechanical plaque removal and maintenance at levels consistent with the health of the tissues. You must strictly follow the instructions.
- If necessary, you will be prescribed drugs (mouthwash, gel) Chemical inhibition of plaque.
- If your condition is too severe, acute course, or have a serious illness, you will be treat with an antibiotic to help recovery after mechanic cleaning.
- If you need consultation with other specialists (orthodontist, endodontist, etc.) Will be made necessary consultations.
The number of visits to achieve these objectives, and the intervals between them are determined individually, depending on the severity and rate of progression of the disease and the degree of complicity of your side.
If this treatment resulted in control of inflammation and your oral hygiene is effective enough, it was followed by a maintenance therapy (3 phase).
If, despite effective oral hygiene you are still areas in which inflammation is not controlled, you have deeper pockets or anatomical discrepancies need surgical correction is done during the second phase of treatment.
If you pursued your hygiene is not effective enough, although DENTIS is cleaned and made available tooth surfaces you, then your further treatment (surgical or prosthetic) may not be effective.
It is necessary to achieve the required oral-hygiene standard.
2. The second phase aims to:
- Eliminates deep periodontal pockets (over 3 mm) remaining after the first phase by removing tissues or restorative / reconstructive procedures indications defined by periodontist.
- To restore chewing efficiency, if you have lost teeth with dentures should know that:
– The active periodontal treatment, and any surgery can lead to stripping of the teeth sensitivity of thermal stimuli, some change in the ratio between the soft tissue and teeth.
3. The third phase is the maintenance phase:
All chronically ill patients with periodontal diseases require regular monitoring visits to support state and control recurrence and emerging infections. The intervals between these controls is determined individually, depending on the severity of your disease and the rate of its progression before treatment, as well as your ability to keep plaque levels so low that they cannot cause inflammation.
If you do not follow the recommended intervals for maintenance checks, and if you do not make the necessary efforts for effective oral hygiene, it may corrupt all achieved results of the treatment, regardless of the successes and inputs.
In such cases, the responsibility for poor results or progression of the disease, as well as resulting complications will be yours.